A whole-person approach to health
At OPTIMUS, we provide evidence-based nontraditional services, such as chiropractic care and acupuncture, along with nutritional counseling and behavioral health for an integrated approach to care.
Our goal is to help people live their lives with less pain, more hope, more energy, and greater well-being.
Integrative services at OPTIMUS include:
- Wellness counseling
- Chiropractic support in collaboration with the University of Bridgeport
- Opioid-free pain management
- Integrated primary care and behavioral health
- Nutritional counseling
- Weight-loss services
- Acupuncture clinic in collaboration with the University of Bridgeport
- Whole person care. We treat the body, mind, and spirit.
- Chinese medicine. The concept of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is that a vital force of life, called Qi (pronounced “chi”), surges through the body. Any imbalance to qi can cause disease and illness. Acupuncture is known for its effectiveness in treating many conditions, including chronic pain, and is a component of TCM at OPTIMUS.
- Chiropractic medicine. This hands-on therapy enhances the body’s ability to heal itself through proper support and alignment of the spine.
- The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). The patient-centered medical home (PCMH) model is an approach to delivering high-quality, cost-effective primary care. Using a patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and team-based approach, the PCMH model coordinates patient care across the health system. The PCMH model has been associated with effective chronic disease management, increased patient and provider satisfaction, cost savings, improved quality of care, and increased preventive care.